WJHG Sports Headlines
Strong Showings from Area JUCO Teams Friday on Gulf Coast's Court
- Harrison Field House hosted a full day of hoops Friday, as three local programs all ended up on the right side of the scoreboard.
Florida Dominates 2nd Half, Beats Florida Gulf Coast 70-50
- Dorian Finney-Smith scored a season-high 23 points, John Egbunu notched his first double-double of the season and Florida beat Florida Gulf Coast 70-50 Friday night.
No. 4 Iowa State, Illinois Advance to Emerald Coast Classic Finals
- Iowa State's trip to the Panhandle started off right, as the No. 4 Cyclones powered past Virginia Tech 99-77 in their Emerald Coast Classic semifinal at the Arena at Northwest Florida State Friday night.
Port St. Joe's State Bound, Niceville's Staying Home
- For the second straight year, Port St. Joe is playing for 1A's championship in Orlando.
SnapperBowl Start Highlights Local Thanksgiving Football Action
- On Thanksgiving, football's one of the first things that comes to mind. Rather than gathering around the dinner table, 64 youth teams from 15 states have come to the beach to square off on the sidelines at the 47th SnapperBowl, a true local tradition.
Emerald Coast Classic, NWF Reach Extension Agreement
- This weekend, Northwest Florida State will welcome eight Division I NCAA basketball programs to their campus for the second ever "Emerald Coast Classic" college basketball tournament.
McElwain, Fisher Break Down FSU-Florida Rivalry Week Matchup
- Rivalry week in college football will be intensely celebrated in Gainesville, with no leftovers shared between sidelines as No. 12 Florida hosts No. 13 Florida State.
Florida Bounces Back from Loss, Beats Vermont 86-62
- Dorian Finney-Smith scored 20 points, Devin Robinson added 15 and Florida beat Vermont 86-62 Wednesday.
Port St. Joe football program chases after another 1A state title
- We're just two nights away from the 1A state semifinals, and we look at one area team among the four teams participating in those. Port St. Joe's the defending state champs in the 1A class.
Alabama hoping to avoid slipping in Iron Bowl game against Auburn
- Nick Saban says his players have to block out the noise of playing on the road in the Iron Bowl this week.
More WJHG Sports Headlines
National Sports Headlines