WJHG Sports Headlines
Mosley among those falling in round two of the playoffs Tuesday
- Four area girls teams advance, four more see their basketball seasons end Tuesday.
Lady Dolphins star guard will guard more than the ball in 5A Regional Semifinal game
- The Lady Dolphins of the Mosley basketball team stepped on the court in Redfern Gym to play in the 5A Regional Semifinal game. While every player played their heart out in hopes of winning a state title, one in particular played through broken bones.
Bay High School football coach Jimmy Longerbeam stepping down
- Bay High School head football coach Jimmy Longerbeam is leaving the Tornadoes for a job closer to home in Virginia.
Mosley set to host 5A Region Semifinal Tuesday against Rickards
- Mosley, South Walton among the 8 area girls teams in second round playoff basketball games Tuesday.
Broncos D Dominates Panthers in 24-10 Super Bowl Win
- Von Miller forced two fumbles to set up Denver's two touchdowns and the Broncos defense frustrated Cam Newton all game to carry Peyton Manning to his second Super Bowl title with a 24-10 victory over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.
Chipola Alum Bautista Entering Contract Year with Blue Jays
- Chipola's campus was busy all weekend, highlighted by the return of major and minor leaguers for the Indians Baseball Alumni Weekend.
High School Hoops State Tournament Schedule
- Here are the games featuring local teams in the FHSAA Boys and Girls State Basketball Championships set to take place this week.
Johnson, Bautista, Chipola Baseball Celebrate Alumni Weekend
- Chipola baseball celebrated their ninth-annual Alumni Weekend, welcoming back former Indians to Marianna.
Murray Leads No. 20 Kentucky to 80-61 Win Over Florida
- Jamal Murray scored a career-high 35 points, and No. 20 Kentucky beat Florida 80-61 on Saturday.
Beasley Scores 16 as Seminoles Beat Deacons, 91-71
- Florida State's players have finally figured out that it takes more than scoring to win games -- it takes a little defense, as well.
More WJHG Sports Headlines
National Sports Headlines