WJHG Sports Headlines
Seminoles Sound Off on Escaping Dallas with Win
- Dallas, TX---It's not easy being defending champs. Is it fun? Of course, yes. But easy? No. Not when every single team on the ledger is going to throw not just the kitchen, but the bathroom sink at you.
No Decision Made on Status of Florida-Idaho Rainout
- Gainesville, FL---Florida needs a rain check on their home opener.
Winston, FSU Hold off Oklahoma St 37-31 in Opener
- ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- Jameis Winston threw for 370 yards and scored on a sparkling 28-yard run, and No. 1 Florida State opened defense of its national title with a 37-31 victory Saturday night over Oklahoma State on the same field where this year's champion will be crowned.
Idaho-Florida Game Canceled After Lightning, Rain
- GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- The Idaho-Florida game has been canceled because of unsafe field conditions.
Sims Starts, Alabama Beats WVU, 33-23
- ATLANTA (AP) -- Blake Sims was good enough in his first start at quarterback for Alabama, getting plenty of help from Amari Cooper, T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry, and the second-ranked Crimson Tide held off West Virginia 33-23 Saturday.
Marshall, Johnson, No. 6 Auburn Top Arkansas 45-21
- AUBURN, Ala. (AP) -- Jeremy Johnson passed for 243 yards and two touchdowns in the first half and Nick Marshall returned from suspension with a 19-yard scoring run to lift No. 6 Auburn to a 45-21 opening victory over Arkansas on Saturday.
Friday Night Overtime Week One Highlights and Scores
- Scores from all across the area and week 1 of High School Football.
It's Game Day
- In case you weren't already excited enough for the high school football season, NewsChannel 7 Sports' Greg Brzozowski shows you all the players have given and how hard they've worked to get to opening night.
Dolphins Get 27-21 Overtime Win at Leon
- The Mosley Dolphins claim an overtime win at Leon Thursday night.
Gators, Sharks Ready For Head to Head Opener
- Wewahitchka/Port St. Joe, FL----The Gators and Sharks will open their football seasons in with a rivalry that dates back a few generations.
More WJHG Sports Headlines
National Sports Headlines