WJHG Sports Headlines
Tornadoes, Choctaw Advance to 5A-1 District Semifinals With Extra Inning Wins Monday
- Panama City, FL---Bay survives an 8 inning thriller to beat Rutherford 4-3 in their 5A-1 district quarterfinal.
Three Local Lifters Sporting Weightlifting Gold
- Three Bay County lifters talk about the experience of winning individual State titles over the weekend in Kissimmee.
Tim Tebow Expected to Sign with Eagles on Monday
- PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Tim Tebow is expected to sign a one-year contract with the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday, according to three people familiar with the deal.
District High School Baseball Tournaments Start Monday
- District baseball tournaments start across the state on Monday, as high school programs look to earn a spot in each's title game and a birth in the FHSAA Championships.
Fisher's Excited to Push FSU to New Challenges
- Panama City Beach, FL---After his visit this Thursday on the beach, FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher will continue his path for the next two months on the Seminole Boosters Tour of Champions, just as he continues to push his program to new heights.
Arnold's Gumm Changing the Culture in First Year with Marlins
- Panama City Beach, FL---High School baseball district tournaments start Monday, yet and Arnold coach Greg Gumm will lead his Marlins into the postseason Tuesday.
Local Lifters Earn State Titles at FHSAA Championships
- Kissemmee, FL---The Panhandle was well represented on the podium at the FHSAA Boy's 1A Weightlifting Championships.
QB Johnson Makes Strong Case to Start in Auburn Spring Game
- AUBURN, Ala. (AP) -- Jeremy Johnson made a strong case to start at quarterback in Auburn's spring game.
Coker Delivers Top QB Performance in Alabama Spring Game
- TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- Jake Coker threw a long touchdown pass and had an interception returned for a score in Alabama's spring game.
Chipola Wins Third, Fourth Straight vs. Gulf Coast
- Panama City, FL---After dropping the first game of their season series with their rivals at Gulf Coast, Chipola finished off a four-game win streak against the Commodores Friday.
More WJHG Sports Headlines
National Sports Headlines