WJHG Sports Headlines
Panhandle Runners in Boston for Historic Marathon
Posted: 2:22 AM
- Boston, MA---A little over a year ago, the 2013 Boston Marathon was struck by tragedy as two bombs injured and killed both spectators and runners.
District Baseball Tournament Preview and Schedule
- One of the most exciting times of the high school baseball season kicks off Monday as district tournaments open play.
Juco Diamond Update, Gulf Coast, Chipola Headed to State
- Panama City, FL---The Gulf Coast Commodores baseball team has officially booked their first trip to the state tournament since 2010.
Marshall Leads Auburn 1st Team to Rout of 2nd Team
- AUBURN, Ala. (AP) -- Nick Marshall threw four touchdowns in two quarters as Auburn's first team routed its second team 58-3 on Saturday in a spring football game.
Alabama Defense Dominates Spring Game
- TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- Blake Sims' bid to replace AJ McCarron as Alabama's starting quarterback hit a snag Saturday afternoon when the Crimson Tide defense dominated the annual A-Day game at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
Former Chipola Pitcher Makes MLB Debut with Rays
- St. Petersburg, FL---CJ Riefenhauser has officially made the jump to the Major Leagues.
Commodores Clinch State Tourney Spot
- Panama City, FL---The Gulf Coast Commodores baseball team has been locked in a battle in the Panhandle conference. Heading into Saturday afternoon's game against Northwest Florida they sat on top of the conference standings, but had yet to clinch a postseason spot.
Lady Dolphins Celebrate First Softball District Title, State Tourney Matchups
- Springfield, FL---District softball champions were crowned in tournament finals all over the state Thursday night. The 5A-1 final saw history made by it's winner.
Mosley Baseball Looking for Own District Title
- Lynn Haven, FL---After watching the softball team win their district championship, the Mosley baseball team will begin their effort to sweep the diamond district titles this Tuesday.
Rain Washes out Gulf Coast Baseball Friday
- Panama City, FL--- Rain put a halt on Friday's action at Frazier Field where Gulf Coast was supposed to finish it's three game set with Pensacola.
More WJHG Sports Headlines
National Sports Headlines