PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla (WJHG/WECP) - A portion of a motel in Panama City Beach is a total loss after a fire Thursday morning.
According to the Panama City Beach Fire Rescue, they responded to call at the Sunset Inn on Surf Drive shortly after 10 a.m. Bay County Fire Rescue and Bay County EMS also responded to the call.
The crews were able to contain the fire and no one was injured. One person was inside when the fire started, but he was able to get out. Officials believe it was a dryer fire, but the investigation is still ongoing.