PANAMA CITY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Florida courts remain open and are functioning at this time.
According to a press release, certain policies have been in effect since March 16. Each courthouse has varying degrees of access to the buildings. Each courthouse has electronic and telephonic access.
The following policies have been implemented:
• Until further order, all in-person hearings have been suspended.
• Until further order, all jury trials and grand jury proceedings are suspended. Some noncritical proceedings that cannot be done telephonically or by video are suspended and continued.
• A circuit-wide moratorium is imposed on in-person foreclosure sales.
• A circuit-wide moratorium is imposed on the service of writs of possession.
• All judges in the circuit are designated as juvenile judges along with their regular duties to ensure the prompt disposition of juvenile detention matters.
• For at-risk children, the Court has adopted a policy of electronic parent-child visitations in keeping with Florida law.
• For individuals ordered into State-mandated counseling, all in-person counseling is suspended, and counseling shall continue utilizing electronic means.
Copyright 2020 WJHG. All rights reserved.