PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - The next two nights (Fri AM and Sat AM) between midnight and dawn will give you a good chance to see some Leonid meteors. It is the annual shower as we cross the path of Comet Tempel-Tuttle.
This year will be better than a lot because of the nearly new moon meaning we won't have to deal with the light pollution from the moon that we dealt with last year for this shower.
Here is what you need to do to see the shower...
1. Go outside... ideally between midnight and 5am
2. Dress warmly as it will be chilly
3. Look generally toward the eastern sky
4. Ideally get away from city light
5. Check out 10-20 meteors per hour.