BAY COUNTY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - There is still time to apply to get your roof tarped through Operation Blue Roof if you haven't yet.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will continue to collect Right of Entry forms through next Friday, November 16, 2018.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers says be aware of other groups and programs pretending to be with Operation Blue Roof. Signs include no quality assurance assessment, no contractor with valid work order, someone asking for payment, or soliciting by paper applications. If you suspect someone is trying to scam you by pretending to be with Operation Blue Roof, call FEMA at 866-720-5721, the Corps at 888-766-3258, or local law enforcement.
If you want to apply for Operation Blue Roof, you have to meet certain requirements. Only primary residences with standard shingled roofs are eligible to receive a temporary blue roof, metal roofs and mobile homes may be repaired as practical on a case-by-case basis, roofs with greater than 50 percent structural damage are not eligible, every owner or landlord that signed a Right of Entry form will be visited, and if a home is being rented the tenant must provide written permission from the owner prior to signing a Right of Entry form.
Right of Entry collection centers are:
• Bay County DRC - Bay County Public Library, 898 West 11th Street, Panama City, FL 32401
• Bay County - Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S FL-77, Lynn Haven, FL 32444
• Bay County - Walmart, 15495 Panama City Beach Parkway, Panama City Beach, FL 32413
• Calhoun County DRC - Sam Atkins Park, NW Silas Green Street, Blountstown, FL 32424
• Gadsden County DRC - (Old) Gretna Elementary School, 706 Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, Gretna, FL 32332
• Gulf County - Port Saint Joe Library, 110 Library Drive, Port Saint Joe, FL 32456
• Gulf County - Wewahitchka Information Center, 211 N State Road 71, Wewahitchka, FL 32465
• Jackson County DRC - University Extension Office, 2737 Penn Avenue, Marianna, FL 32448
Forms submitted by next Friday or sooner will be evaluated and Blue Roof installations will continue as normal until complete.