Imagine working in a place where most people travel to for vacation. That’s what you’ll find at WJHG-TV/NBC and WECP-TV/CBS Affiliate in Panama City Beach, Florida! The area is home to a booming tourism industry, local military bases, and a rapidly growing local economy. WJHG/WECP prides itself on being a news leader while serving the local community, with a strong presence at local events. Our mission is to cover news that digs deeper and holds true to solid journalistic ethics and to offer businesses the best options to market their products and services including a full service digital marketing department. Our award-winning team is all about leadership and growth. Join our fast-paced team and enjoy a laid back lifestyle in beautiful Panama City Beach.
WJHG/WECP TV is now interviewing candidates for a National Sales Assistant. This position would provide sales support for the National Sales Manager and General Sales Manager as needed. Excellent telephone, email and verbal communication and problem solving skills required. Applicant must show enthusiasm, work initiative, and possess strong organizational and computer skills. Accuracy and ability to interact with clients in a professional manner is essential. Learning database and industry software is required. This is a great opportunity in a successful, vibrant organization for someone who is able to maintain a high level of accuracy and remain calm under pressure. This career opportunity is a great way to become an important part of a highly-respected TV station and begin a career with Gray Television, an industry-leading television station group.
- Assist National Sales Manager in day-to-day duties
- Regular professional communication with the National Sales Manager, National Agencies, and with station traffic department via phone, email and in person.
- Enter, confirm and maintain all new, revised and cancelled national orders including electronic transfer and maintenance of all orders in WideOrbit, with special focus on accuracy
- Send log times, such as pre logs and post logs and invoices as necessary
- Daily management of pre-empted and displaced spots; problem solving with NSM and National agencies across the country for approvals to offer makegood opportunities that maximize inventory opportunities in a timely manner
- Notify all program changes, specials etc. through the electronic order system as soon as reportable
- Communicate any revenue changes in new/existing orders to Sales Management
- Communicate with traffic department regarding order entry, spot placement and formatting.
- Research billing discrepancies and reconcile credit memos as required prior to month end
- Maintain national political public files, as well as updates to FCC political website.
- Maintain organized filing systems and in timely manner
- Develop a thorough understanding of Comscore ratings, WO Sales and other research tools.
- Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
- Capable of learning new systems and software promptly and thoroughly.
- Other duties as assigned by Sales Management
8195 Front Beach Road
Panama City Beach, Florida 32407 ∙
Phone (850) 234-7777
Fax (850) 233-6647
- Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and perform at a consistently high level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Must be dependable, highly-focused, organized, and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Prior administrative experience is preferred
- Broadcast Sales, media buying, or agency experience is a plus
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.