DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Walton County Fire Rescue, Liberty Volunteer Fire Department, and the Walton County Sheriff’s Office responded to a structure fire last Saturday night in DeFuniak Springs.
WCFR officials say at 10:50 p.m. firefighters and deputies arrived to find a single wide mobile home on fire. They say a resident told first responders two dogs were still trapped inside.
Officials say the fire was under control in 11 minutes. After searching the home, both dogs were found deceased.
According to WCFR, the fire was caused by an electrical issue with a space heater.
Copyright 2020 WJHG. All rights reserved.