DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Firefighters with the Walton County Fire Rescue, DeFuniak Springs Fire Department, Argyle Volunteer Fire Department and Liberty Volunteer Fire Department were called out to the Piggly Wiggly in DeFuniak Springs Thursday morning for a fire that started in the store's kitchen.
The fire was put out within 20 minutes and no one was harmed during the fire, according to a press release sent out by the Walton County Sheriff's Office. The press release said the fire was caused by a smoker overheating and the firefighters were able to save most of the building.
Copyright 2020 WJHG. All rights reserved.