Panama City house fire caused by faulty electrical wiring

PANAMA CITY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - Everyone is safe after a house caught fire in Panama City late Sunday night.

According to the Panama City Fire Department, they responded to heavy smoke and flames at a two story house on Bay Avenue at around 8:15 p.m.

They were told by witnesses that no one was inside. Investigators say the cause of the fire was faulty electrical wiring. No one was injured.

Officials want to remind everyone to use caution when using heaters and make sure your smoke detectors are working.